We are music producers of 15 years and have amassed credits including Grammy-winning artists, Billboard Top 10 hits, and several #1 ranked songs on independent charts worldwide. We are humbled to contribute our musical expertise to artists around the world! Bookmark our website!
Our producers are credited with production for multi-platinum Grammy winning artists and Academy Award winning filmmakers, including Spike Lee and Teddy Riley! Join the family! Start searching for your beats now!
Published June 18, 2018 by Slick - SFR Beats for SFR Beats
Shouts out to Rio Flows (@Rio_Flows on Twitter / I.G.) for the inspiration behind this Music Help video!
- Fun “Saturday Morning” artists get all the radio play and views and buzz from hype music / fads / popcorn music
- Real talent is being drowned under the noise.
- Real lyrics and messages are not getting radio play and big exposure.
- Radio / TV / Media is all designed to make money.
- More money is made the more they cater to the needs of their audience.
- The needs of the their audience are entertainment and fun… a breather from their work days. It’s akin to “going to the club”...it’s fun time.
- Also, for new artists, releasing a fun / fad song first that makes the listener feel good / smile / laugh accomplishes the same thing that a stranger does when they first meet you and make you laugh. It makes them appear friendly and opens the door to a more serious conversation (hence the album with the real songs on it). A stranger that just starts talking to you about your life problems won’t be trusted as much as a friend who you feel more comfortable with would.
1) Make 1 out of every 5 or 10 songs you do fit this fun flavor. Then make the other songs totally you.
2) Treat the 1 song as a marketing commercial so to speak… a networking event where your job is just to meet people and make them feel good / comfortable with you.
3) Then let the album really show them who you are.
4) There are two types of people that will know you as an artist: Your ‘True Fans’ (that bought your album).. And the ‘passers-by’ (that have heard your single but didn’t buy your album). Your passers-by will have a different opinion about you than your true fans. So what! Focus on your True Fans.. they’re the ones spending money with you.
Hope this helps you stay focused and distraction free! Get on your grind and create! Your music producer - SLICK!
Track used in this video is called "Nice Wind" produced by SFR Beats and available for a limited time here - https://sfrbeats.com/beat/Nice+Wind
Do you want to learn about something specific? Contact us and let us know!
September 24, 2018 by Slick
- Treat your music career like a business
- Understand that your music career is like a business
- It’s like a job, there are ne...
Plus you'll get 5 Secrets to Music Success, and a special gift from Billboard Top 10 producer Slick!
*This will sign you up to our "Music Help" newsletter featuring weekly music secrets and new beats. We will not spam or give away your email address. You may opt out at any time by clicking "Unsubscribe" in future emails. If you cannot find your first email, look in your SPAM or "Promotions" folder. Add us to your safe sender's list. Enjoy.
00:00 / 00:00